The Cost-Effective Way To Replace Missing Teeth in Muskogee, OK
Dental Implants at Stephens General Dentistry
You don’t have to live with a smile full of unsightly holes. Dental implants offer you the chance to live like before. After the procedure, not even your closest friends will know you ever had missing teeth.
Can you imagine being able to chew and speak normally again? All the negative feelings that come with missing teeth drift away. The implant treatment plan will transform the feel and function of your smile and even improve your long-term health. Dental implants appear entirely natural and prevent bone deterioration in the face that often occurs when teeth are missing.
Dental implants provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth. They look, feel, and perform like regular teeth, changing how our patients live.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent solution for tooth loss. They replace the tooth, from root to crown, and do not require the help of surrounding teeth. Dental implants consist of tiny titanium rods inserted into the empty gum tissue sockets left by missing teeth. The rods act as roots and provide a solid base for an artificial tooth.
Implants have a high success rate and are considered the new standard in tooth replacement. They are the best option because they fit and function like natural teeth. Depending on your situation, you can have just one individual implant or replace a whole arch of teeth.
Three parts make up a dental implant:
- The implant: a small titanium post surgically inserted into the jaw bone socket where the original tooth used to be.
- The abutment: a small metal piece that connects the implant and the crown and ensures the perfect fit.
- The dental crown: an artificial tooth matched perfectly to your natural teeth, attached to the implant.
What Can I Expect From the Implant Surgical Procedure?
During your procedure, a small incision is made into the gums. The titanium post is placed into the jawbone, and the tissue is closed over the implant. You are then sent home to heal.
While at home, the jaw bone integrates with the titanium post in an osseointegration process. The bone slowly grows securely around the implant, eventually making it part of your body and the most robust base for your new teeth. The osseointegration healing process takes anywhere from two to six months. Some patients ask for a temporary crown until the process is complete. Read more about it by following this link.
Once osseointegration has finished, the abutment is attached to the implant post. The new crown is fitted to the opposite end of the abutment. Once secured tightly, your brand-new tooth should instantly feel comfortable and match your natural teeth. You are sent home with aftercare instructions.
This incredible restoration replaces a single tooth, several teeth, or a complete upper and lower arch. Learn more about dental implants here.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
The most significant benefit is greater enjoyment of life. Those with missing teeth often sacrifice confidence and the ability to smile or laugh without hiding their mouth in shame. But the benefits go way beyond this:
- Improved appearance: With tooth loss comes bone loss. Without bone support, your facial structure changes shape, making you appear older and gaunt.
- Easier speaking: Removable dentures tend to slip and slide in the mouth, causing embarrassing slurring and mumbling.
- Easier eating: Implants are so secure in your jaw that they allow you to bite with the same force as natural teeth. You can finally enjoy all the foods you love once again.
- Easy care & convenience: Implants don’t require sticky glues, cleaning tablets, or strange flossers. Oral hygiene is the same as natural teeth. Just brush normally!
- Improved oral health: Dental implants can’t get cavities. Nor do they need to be attached to neighboring teeth like bridges, improving oral health significantly.
- Bone loss prevention: Missing teeth equals bone loss in the jaw. Bones need constant stimulation from teeth to not deteriorate. Dental Implants provide jaw bone stimulation.
- Durability: From time to time, other tooth replacement options need repairs or be replaced entirely. If properly cared for, implants can last a whole lifetime.
Read more about the incredible benefits of dental implants here.
Where Can I Get Dental Implants?
Stephens General Dentistry in Muskogee, OK, wants to help you with your dental needs. Dental implants require adequate bone in the jaw to support the implant and no signs of periodontal disease. Your dentist must consider many factors when determining dental implant treatment. We would love to evaluate your particular case and answer your questions.
But if you are still wondering if implant dentistry is right for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you missing one or more teeth?
- Do you have dentures that are no longer comfortable?
- Have you ever been embarrassed by a denture or a bridge?
Come To Us With Your Dental Implant Questions
Dental implants are very cost effective and can last for many years. Placing a dental implant is a straightforward and regular treatment at Stephens General Dentistry.
If you are interested in a consultation with your dentist in Muskogee about dental implants, book your appointment at (918) 683-2010. We look forward to speaking with you and helping you rediscover your smile.