Quality General Dentistry in Muskogee, Oklahoma
At Stephens General Dentistry, we are very proud to provide general dentistry in Muskogee, Oklahoma. We are committed to providing the best care and service to patients of all ages. Our dental team is here to help you and create a unique dental experience every step of the way. We team with you to reach the goal of optimal oral health.
What is a general dentist?
A general dentist is your primary care provider for your mouth. They diagnose, treat, and manage oral health care needs. These needs include gum care, root canals, fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, and preventive education, amongst many more.
By emphasizing health and oral hygiene, general dentists help avoid the progression of oral disease. If issues are left untreated, it can eventually result in pain and loss of money, as procedures are pretty expensive. Click here to learn more.
What do general dentists do?
When you visit the general dentist, you have a thorough examination of the mouth, teeth, and gums. Afterward, you’ll get a professional cleaning by our friendly staff and a discussion about optimizing your dental health.
If your exam reveals tooth decay by chance, we clean out any issues and fill the affected tooth with a composite resin. While cavities are quite common, these services are just a small example of what Stephens General Dentistry provides. Read below to know more about the services a general dentist offers.
- Preventive —We help you maintain the best oral health by stopping disease before it starts. The best prevention practices are regular diagnostic exams, x-rays, and professional teeth cleanings. Dr. Stephens gives detailed instructions on how to improve your at-home hygiene and recommends preventive treatments.
- Restorative — If there is a problem, your dentist will promptly ensure you get appropriate treatment. Restorative dentistry involves removing tooth decay and filling in the damaged tooth for ultimate protection. In the case that there has been an accident that affects your mouth, Dr. Stephens will diagnose and treat the cause of tooth pain. He then provides a place to go if prompt treatment for dental trauma is needed. General dentists can offer many different treatments for missing teeth, such as; crowns, dentures, and bridgework. Some general dentists even have additional training to provide much more advanced therapies, such as dental implants, root canal therapy, and orthodontics. Follow this link.
- Cosmetic Dentistry — Do you want to get a sparkling white smile? We offer cosmetic dentistry services to help you get the smile of your dreams. Procedures include teeth whitening, dental bonding, and porcelain veneers, amongst many others.
- Overall Health — Many people are unaware that the health of your teeth and gums often mirror your overall health. For example, untreated infections in your mouth can increase the chance of cardiovascular disease, premature birth during pregnancy, and even control of diabetes.
- Counseling — General dentists may even offer health and wellness information, advice on the most nutritional foods for excellent dental health, and help with stopping smoking.
How Can Stephens General Dentistry Help?
Dr. Michael Stephens and his friendly staff have a philosophy of providing only the best quality dental care possible. They are committed to helping each patient make informed decisions about their oral health. Our practice is located in Muskogee, OK, and love serving our community. Dr. Stephens and his staff care for each patient and pride themselves on treating everyone as a member of our dental family.
Dental Services Provided by Stephens General Dentistry
Here at Stephens General Dentistry, we pride ourselves on being one of the most proficient dental offices in Muskogee, OK, and the surrounding areas. We approach dentistry from a whole-body health perspective by solving problems in a patient’s mouth, which helps each person become more healthy overall. Some of the services we provide in our dental practice are:
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Endodontic Treatment
- General Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Periodontal Care
- Preventive Dentistry
How Dr. Stephens Can Help
Dr. Stephens and the entire team at Stephens General Dentistry look forward to the opportunity to speak with you, listen to any concerns you may have, and together finding an effective solution for your needs. If you are looking to improving your oral health and are searching for general dentistry in Muskogee, Oklahoma, or in the surrounding areas, please call us at (918) 683-2010 or email us. We look forward to seeing you and inviting you into our dental family.