Have you recently started using an electric toothbrush? Whether you’re new to using an electric toothbrush or you’ve been using one for many years, you’ll want to ensure that you’re using it properly to gain maximum benefits.
Electric toothbrushes are becoming increasingly popular these days. There are many valuable reasons to switch to an electric powered toothbrush:
- Most electric toothbrushes have had built-in timers which help you to ensure you brush for complete two minutes as recommended by the dentist.
- Electric toothbrushes help you in getting more brush strokes than you could manually get. This results in comparatively more plaque removal and a healthier mouth.
- Moreover, electric toothbrushes are also easy to hold and maneuver. Also, they are more effective at reaching inner areas of your mouth.
To get the most out of your brushing routine, you will need to learn how to brush with an electric toothbrush. Follow the following tips to make the most of your electric toothbrush!
4 Tips to Use Your Electric Toothbrush
1. Hold the electric toothbrush in a 45-degree angle against your gumline, where the two gums and teeth meet and massage them gently for exfoliation.
2. Gently and lightly pull the brush across the gum line, this allows the vibrations to clean the area thoroughly. There’s no need to vigorously brush your teeth as you do with the normal toothbrush. The electric toothbrush needs minimal efforts and maintenance.
3. If you are using an electric toothbrush, then you do not need to overload your brush with toothpaste for thorough cleaning. Also, do not turn the brush to the flip side until it is inside your mouth. If you do this, the toothbrush may spill over in all the bathroom.
4. Use the toothbrush timer. Most of the electric toothbrushes have built-in two-minute self-timers. Some good quality electric toothbrushes like Philips Sonicare, also beep throughout two minutes so you can also spend an equal time brushing each quadrant in your mouth.
If you need more consulting for on your dental problems or health, then visit the Stephen’s General Dentistry in Muskogee today. We offer a number of dental treatments which help you get rid of your dental problems. All you have to do is to set up an appointment with us and you’ll be on your way to a healthy mouth!